The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, often referred to as the FDCPA, was passed by Congress in response to abusive conduct by collection agencies, and concern that the abuses were causing an increase in the filings of personal bankruptcies. The purpose of the Act is to provide guidelines for collection agencies which are seeking to collect legitimate debts, while providing protections and remedies for debtors.
HIPAA is applicable to protected health information. Protected health information is any oral or written information about a patient that relates to the physical or mental condition of a patient. HIPAA applies to covered entities, which are statutorily defined as those entities which receive, use or are exposed to protected, private patient health information. Therefore, Radiology Collection Professionals are included in HIPAA’s reach. In order to comply with HIPAA, we have provided the following necessary measures to protect your patients health information.
The Fair Credit Reporting Act, FCRA, is a federal law that details how consumer credit information can be collected, given out, and used. Under the FCRA, consumers have a right to view information in their credit file and dispute inaccurate information.
Radiologybill is licensed and compliant to collect in 24 states and expanding our state licenses monthly. If you would like to use our collection service and you reside in a state outside of our current licensed area, please contact us and we will accommodate your needs.
- 128 Bit Data Encryption
- Collector Call Recording
- Employee Station Authentication
- Virus Protection
- HIPAA Collector Training and Accountability Systems
- On-Site Third-Party Document Destruction
- Off-Site Secure Water/Fireproof backup Clone Operation
- Incident Response Plan
- Dedicated Employee Disaster Recovery Facility
- Ability to Operate at Full Capacity in 48 Hours
- Crisis Response Team in Place
- Remote Dual Data Backup
- Full Battery and Emergency Generator System
- Remote Survivable Phone Switches
- Access to Complete Inbound & Outbound Calling Capacity
- On-Site Dialer Backup to Off-Site Cloud Operation System
- Shelter in Place